View the Reader’s Guide here.There are two types of searches available to you.
The Quick Search enables you to search for a specific type of document which was entered into our database on a given day.For example: You can get all the Fictitious Business Names we entered on January 5, 2000 by selecting the Document Type and the date. Put it in the print cart and you’re finished.
The Advanced Search is more complex. You can search on almost anything you can imagine: You can search for individuals by name; specific pieces of property by the APN number, address or legal description; specific court cases or documents by their document number. And you can search by date as well. The possibilities are almost endless.
To enhance your search, you may benefit from a few hints:
- If you’re not sure how a name is spelled, type in part of it. For example, if you’re not sure the spelling is Rodriguez or Rodriquez , you might want to type in Rodri rather than the whole name. When you search, sometimes less is more.
- For the most part, we enter information as it appears on the documents. But sometimes the documents are not consistent. For example Wal Mart is sometimes Wal-Mart and Walmart. We try to be consistent, but you may want to be creative in your searches.
- The Website is not case sensitive, which means it doesn’t matter if a word is capitalized or not. DeLaGarza and delagarza would be the same. But if there are spaces, you’ll need to enter your search request that way.
- Where there’s a husband and wife, we enter them as a unit. For Example, John and Mary Smith. Exceptions are in the Family Law section.
- Try to limit the time frame you’re searching. There is a lot of information on the Website and some browsers will time out. The more you are able to limit your search, the faster it will be.
- Finally, prior to September 1, 2000, the database was designed for the old website and searches. If you can’t find what you want, call us and we’ll help you define your searches. (661) 322-3226
- We are available to assist you from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Thursday and from 8:00 to 3:00 on Fridays. If you’d like to call us, we can usually talk you through your search. (661) 322-3226
And we offer free demonstrations at your office. You can call our office to schedule an appointment.